DuxWare Release Note - 10/11/2020
- ICD10 Updates have been deployed to all databases.
Manual Charge Entry Updates:
NEW FEATURE! Bell Tone for Invalid ICD Input
- Do you ever input ICD codes, only to look up and see that you’ve input an invalid code? We have added a new system configuration option that will alert you when you have input an invalid ICD code during Charge Entry. If you would like this feature enabled for your database, all it takes is a call or email to your PM Support Team to make it happen.
NEW FEATURE! Expansion Codes!
For those providers who do not utilize an EMR option to submit claims to the PM and choose to input charges manually, we have a new feature for Expansion Codes that can make charge entry a snap. Routinely, there are a set of CPT codes that are repetitively used such as Lab panels, routine wellness, immunizations. We have an easy way to set this up to make your charge entry a more user-friendly experience, and it’s quick.
Support>Procedures/Diagnosis>Expansion Code Manager
Below is an example of a lab panel setup containing multiple procedure codes:
From the Support menu, select: Procedures/Diagnosis, then Expansion Code Manager.
- Select [+Add].
- Input the code that you wish to use for the panel of CPT codes.
- Input the description of the Expansion Code.
- If there is a different Place of service (POS) code for this type of panel, then you can override the default POS in your claim header by selecting Override, and inputting your choice of POS. This input will carry over into each CPT that you add to this panel of procedure codes.
Once you select [+Save], you are ready to start adding the CPT codes to the Expansion Code. In our example, it is labeled LAB1. Select the [+] to the far left to add your CPT Codes.
Input your CPT code, then proceed to input modifiers, fees, units, diagnosis codes, etc. If you are not sure if you need to override any of the values, you can test your code in a claim then come back to this area and edit your input.
Below is the first CPT Code entry that I’m adding to the expansion code. I haven’t added a POS since I input a POS in the Expansion Code. You can override the Standard Fee Schedule by inputting the fee amount here, as well as other fields included for this procedure. Once you save the procedure, you can add additional codes to link to your Expansion Code, by selecting the [+Add] button.
Below is the completed panel for Expansion Code: LAB1
Using your Expansion Code in Charge Entry:
- Navigate to Patient Dashboard, then select [Enter Charge] like you normally do to manually input a claim.
- Validate the Claim Header, and select [Next]. You will land in the Charge Entry screen.
- If Diagnosis codes appear, you may want to select the [Clear Diagnosis] button to clear them out before inputting the Expansion Code in the CPT field below.
- Input Expansion Code into the CPT code field, then select [Add Service].
All of your services linked to the Expansion Code are now included with your claim, with their associated modifiers, fees, Place of service code and diagnosis. See below:
Carefully review the first claim to ensure that you have set up all of the elements to your expansion code correctly.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding this update, please contact your Customer Support Team for assistance.